Updates include 1500 new product pages, a wider layout and re-designed, easy-to-navigate products section
RICHARDSON, Texas – December 16, 2008 – AMX®, the leader in providing simplified solutions in the audio/visual control industry, has launched a newly enhanced, feature-rich web site which allows for improved navigation of the vast portfolio of AMX products and services. The updated AMX.com will have a 24% wider layout allowing for more content to be displayed on screen without additional scrolling and a revamped "Products" section which is now categorized by functionality and re-organized to include an additional 1500 pages making it easier to browse more than 830 AMX products.
"In many ways, corporate web sites are the face of business in today's global economy," explains Rashid Skaf, AMX president & CEO. "I am very pleased to now have a web site where form and function combines to more fully portray the dynamic nature of our technology, our company capabilities and our mission of providing innovative solutions. AMX creates leading-edge audio/video control solutions that simplify our customers' lives and now our enhanced site provides our customers with a simplified online experience."
The new AMX.com web site showcases a more robust "Products" section mirroring the look and feel of the AMX Product Catalog Interactive CD. The new additions include
- 460 product feature/benefits lists
- More than 130 system diagrams that illustrate how each product fits into the overall system design
- More than 130 "Closer Look" images that give specific details on select products
- 6 new product family comparison charts
- More than 200 new lists of "common product applications"
- Updated and expanded product specifications for every product
- "Environmental" information like BTU Values and more
The navigation on AMX.com has been streamlined to make it more intuitive and user-friendly. The "Products" section is re-grouped and is categorized by functionality. Now visitors can locate products simply by what they do such as Touch Panels, Central Controllers, Signal Management, etc. And each product page now has four clearly defined tabs; the first tab provides fine details of product specifications such as RU counts, BTU Values and other relevant information. A second navigation tab has easy-to-read diagrams that illustrate how an AMX product fits into a system. A third tab provides relevant AMX University course information. A fourth tab recommends related accessories (e.g.: battery, cable).
- Green – Information on how AMX products and solutions can significantly impact energy efficiency in a variety of installations.
- Did You Know - Little known features, shortcuts and other useful information to aid in selecting the right product.
- Watch The Video – A link to relevant videos directly from the product page.
- A Closer Look - Provides an extreme close-up image of each product with line-drawn descriptions so dealers will know exactly where each feature is and what it does.
- Read More About It - Directly links customers to white papers, brochures and other documentation which demonstrates how the product is best used.
- GSA - Tells visitors that certain products have been approved by the U.S. General Services Administration to be specified for use in government installations.
- Awards - AMX is proud to create products that are among the most highly-honored in the industry. Product accolades are now represented.
"As a long-standing leader in the industry, we are often consulted by many who are interested in gaining more knowledge about our audio/video control solutions," says Jeff Kindig, AMX vice president of marketing strategy. "Our updated pages provide our customers, consultants and partners with improved 'user friendly'
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and event notifications from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Request more information from a dealer near you